We all know what the Olympic Games are and what they mean to the International sporting communities. Every 4 years it is THE major event that tops everything else. Thousands of athletes from almost every country around the world participate. Others just for the thrill of being able to be there and others for the major prestige of being called an “Olympic Champion”. They also offer endless chances for betting and winning. But to take advantage of these chances you need to open an account via the best Asian Broker and place bets!
Unfortunately, some sports could not be included in a regular Olympic Games schedule due to their nature of being conducted only during the winter period. So the idea of the Nordic games which included a myriad of winter sports got promoted to the Winter Olympic Games organized every 4 years just like the Summer Olympics. For reasons of focus and financial success, it was decided that they would not be organized during the same year, so the Winter Olympics occur in the even-numbered years in between those of the Summer Olympics.
There are 15 main sports involved:
- Alpine Skiing with 11 different events
- Biathlon involving 11 different events and distances
- 3 different races compose the most impressive contribution of bobsleigh
- Cross-country is spread over 12 different events
- While throwing stones main be considered as a childish game, the 3 events of curling are most certainly games for professional players of the highest order
- There is no way that anyone can miss the beauty and grace involved in the 5 different categories of figure skating
- Ice is also good for speed and therefore the 14 different categories of standard and the 8 different events of short track speed skating should keep everyone busy for quite a while
- In the frozen countries, people ski. That’s the root behind the 10 different classes of freestyle skiing
- Wayne Gretzky may have withdrawn from ice hockey but his successors still deliver a lot of thrills in their men and women national teams
- 4 more classes are involved in the breathtaking world of luge
- Skeleton is one of the oldest sports in the book for men and women
- Men and women do fly ladies and gentlemen! For proof please watch the 4 different events of ski jumping to see them cover distances of over 100 meters in mid air!
- 3 events are involved in the most demanding sport of Nordic combined
- And the newest additions to the schedule are the 8 classes of the world-class act of snowboarding
For 2018 the Winter Olympics will be held in PyeongChang, South Korea, between February 9 and 25 at the Alpensia Resort in Daegwallyeong-myeon, the Bokwang Snow Park, the Jeongseon Alpine Center and the Gangneung Olympic Park.
88 countries have qualified to participate, while Russian athletes will compete under the IOC flag after the expulsion of Russia from the games because of the yet unresolved doping scandal. It will be the first time in the history of Winter Olympics that we will see athletes from Ecuador, Kosovo, Malaysia and Singapore, while special provisions have been made to allow the 2 North Korean figure skaters that have qualified, to cross the DMZ and participate.
February is coming up fast and you should not wait for the last minute. If you are still not determined what account to open, check out the bookmakers offered by the most trusted Agent, make your choice and start placing your bets for the most thrilling of winter competitions – the 2018 Winter Olympic Games!