BET-IBC would like to introduce you to an exciting sport – netball. It is a game which two teams of seven players each strive to keep or gain possession of the ball. So, the team attempts, through running, jumping, throwing and catching, to move the ball into its goal circle. The rules are based on the core values of equal opportunity, fair play and respect for an opponent’s skill and safety. Netball games are 60 minutes long but variations have been developed to increase the game’s pace and appeal to a wider audience.
A landmark in the history of Netball was when Australia travelled by ship to be the first overseas team to visit England. It was a Women’s Basketball team going to the birthplace of netball, and having to adapt to different rules, but the Australian team won 54 of 57 games, including the test against England (14-11) at Wembley Stadium before a crowd of more than 5,000.
Here are some facts about netball:
- it is known that netball was developed first as a game played mostly by women and girls, now, it is also played by boys;
- this kind of ball sport is most popular in Commonwealth nation;
- according to the INF, netball is played by more than 20 million people in more than 80 countries;
- games are played on a rectangular court with raised goal rings at each end.
It is not just a sport, it is a passion for players and for those who watch it. Catch your enthusiasm and put it into bets via Maxbet.
Why? Because it is a popular growing sportsbook that offers tempting odds for netball:
There are three major international competitions for this kind of sport:
- The first one and most important one is World Netball Championships. It is held every 4 years. The first 11 nations competed in 1963 at the Chelsea College of Physical Education at Eastbourne, England.
- The second one is the World Series. It is a competition among top national netball teams. It is held over three days. The competition features modified fastnet rules and has been likened to Twenty20 cricket and rugby sevens.
- In 1995, netball gained Olympic recognition, although it was not played in Summer Olympics. In near future, we hope it will be included as it deserves this honour!
Are you ready for qualitative netball competitions? Then, experience the best odds by opening a Maxbet account!