On the past August 19th, the 10 nominees for this year edition were announced by FIFA and we can’t wait to know who will be the winner. As every year since 2009, Puskás Award is held to celebrate and honour the best goals of the season and this year won’t be the exception.
At BET-IBC, we are very excited about this award as we have seen many impressive goals during the whole year but, of course, one of them will be worthy of recognition. Remember that at BET-IBC, you can not only register for a betting account but also you’ll get the latest pieces of information on the sports arena!
This year’s nominees are top class goals which will make your jaw drop as soon as you start admiring them. Before we see the nominees’ list, let’s remember that this award was named after the all-time greatest striker, Ferenc Puskás from Real Madrid, and it aims to recognize the most beautiful and/or aesthetically significant goal of the year.
There are four main criteria in which goals are evaluated:
- The goal must be ‘beautiful’.
- The award is delivered irrespective of nationality, gender or championship.
- The goal can’t be the result of pure luck, errors, offside position or deviations.
- The evaluation should support fair play.
Puskás Award 2019 edition – nominees:
This will be the 11th edition of Puskás Award and the nominees are as follow:
- Matheus Cunha from RB Leipzig (Bundesliga);
- Zlatan Ibrahimović from LA Galaxy (MLS);
- Lionel Messi from Barcelona (LaLiga);
- Ajara Nchout from Cameroon (FIFA WWC);
- Fabio Quagliarella from Sampdoria (Serie A);
- Juan Quintero from River Plate (Argentine’s Primera Division);
- Amy Rodriguez from Utah Royals FC (National Women’s Soccer League);
- Billie Simpson from Cliftonville Ladies (Women’s NIFL Premiership);
- Andros Townsend from Crystal Palace (Premier League);
- Dániel Zsóri from Debrecen (Nemzeti Bajnokság I).
Since 2009, there have been 10 different winners, being Cristiano Ronaldo the first one to win the prize in the inaugural edition; while Neymar is the youngest player to have been awarded (2011). Ibrahimović has been nominated 4 times, while Neymar 5 and Lionel Messi 7 times. Let’s see if this year the award is finally for Messi or if Zlatan gathers his second one or, even better, it goes to a new winner.
Don’t waste time, see the nominees’ goals and vote for your favourite now via FIFA website. You just need to sign in!