Find the best table tennis odds via Sbobet
This year, the German Table Tennis Association organizes the most waited championship in the sport, sponsored by LIEBHERR. The 2017 World Table Tennis Championship will be played in Dusseldorf, Germany from Monday 29th May to Monday 5th June 2017. In our best of traditions, BET-IBC offers the best bookmakers for your bets on the biggest table tennis competition!
History of the WTT Championship
Such a championship took place in 1926 in London for the first time. Gradually it separated into two different competitions. The first competition includes the matches for singles and doubles and is held on odd numbered years, while the second one includes the team events and is held on even numbered years.
At first it was the Hungarians that dominated the sport winning 12 titles. From the 60s on, it is China that took it home with 18 titles in both men and women. Sweden emerged as a force in the period between 1989 and 2000 winning a total of 4 world champion titles in the men’s competitions, while Japan’s team in women clinched 8 titles and is the only team that puts pressure on the Chinese. The only other team that ever won a title in women was the one from Singapore in 2010.
The competitions of 2017.
The 2017 World Table Tennis Championship will hold the following five events:
- Men’s Singles
- Women’s Singles
- Men’s Doubles
- Women’s Doubles
- Mixed Doubles
This is the event where the best table tennis players of the world will be gathered in one place to compete for the medals and the honor of been written in the history books. And this is an event that you do not want to miss the chance of placing your bets on your favorites at Sbobet. BET-IBC has formulated a tutorial on how to bet on Sbobet so that you can wager worry free.
For the uninitiated, here is the equipment used at championships like this:
- Of course, tables (it would be rather curious for a table tennis competition to be held without tables – would like to see that happening with holograms in the distant future though!). The official size is 9 feet (2.74 meters) long by 5 feet (1.525 meters) wide by 5 feet (76 cm) height. ITTF requires that all competition tables are made out of wood.
- A 6 inch (15.25 cm) high net.
- 1.57 inch (40 mm) in diameter balls weighing 2.7 grams from celluloid plastic.
- Flooring (Gerflor Taraflex).
- It would also be very curious to see a table tennis match played without rackets. While the configuration of a racket is a player’s choice (offensive – defensive play) the rules say that the batting area should be 6.7 inches (17 cm) long and 5.9 inches (15 cm) wide with its blade made by 85% wood covered by rubbers.
There will be 128 players for the first round proper of men’s singles and women’s singles. Those will be:
- 64 seeded players
- 32 direct entries
- 32 qualifiers
For the doubles, there will be:
- 32 seeded pairs
- 16 direct entries
- 16 qualifiers
Andreas Böhm, Member of the Executive Board of Liebherr-International AG expressed his opinion on this type of sport:
“Table tennis is a friendly, healthy sport for all age groups – free of doping and scandals, but rather an epitome of fairness”
If you are a table tennis enthusiast, you need to open a Sbobet account and place your bets right now!