Delectați-vă cu jocurile strategie în timp real cu esport
Esport, or Electronic sport, features players playing on a specific platform against each other in order to win a grand prize or honors of being the best in a specific game. It was in the 70s when the first history of any type of Esports made its appearance, when some students in Stanford organized a competitive game with a year’s subscription to rolling stones magazine as winnings. Esport gained popularity mainly because people started to have access to internet. In the 2000s the competitions were already televised, there were bigger prize winnings, the games improved and the Esport players became professional in their playing. Esport helps connect gamers all around the world who fight for honors of being the best gamer and so it became an important part of the gaming culture.
Most Popular Esports:
- League of Legends
League of Legends (or LoL) is an action real-time strategy game developed and published by Riot Games, inspired by the popular Defense of the Ancients: All-Stars custom map for WarCraft III. The game is a direct competitor to Dota 2.
The players form two even teams (3v3/5v5) and start the game from opposing sides of the map. They need to destroy each other's base (Nexus) in order to win the game. On the way towards the opposing team's base each player may gain levels by killing the opposing team's champions and minions (small NPCs that constantly spawn and attack the other team) and defeating neutral monsters.
- Dota 2
Dota 2 is a multiplayer online battle arena game developed by Valve Corporation. It's a stand-alone sequel to the WarCraft III custom map Defense of the Ancients: All-Stars (DotA: All-stars for short or simply DotA). As in LoL there are two teams (5v5) with the same goal of destroying the base or “Ancient” building of the other team. The two teams occupy a stronghold in a corner of the playing field at the beginning of the match. Each player has control over one of the 110 playable “Heros” and he may collect gold, items and experience points for his hero by defeating the Heroes of the opposing team.
StarCraft II (abbreviated as SC2) is a military science fiction real-time strategy game developed and released by Blizzard Entertainment for Microsoft Windows and Mac OS X. It has been divided into three chapters: the base game named Wings of Liberty, and two expansion packs, Heart of the Swarm and Legacy of the Void.
This game is set in a fictional timeline in the distant future and revolves around three species that fight for dominance in a distant part of the Milky Way (Koprulu Sector): the Terrans, humans exiled from earth that easily adapt to any situation; the Zerg, a race of insectoid aliens that are pursuing the genetic perfection; and the Protoss, a humanoid species technologically advanced with vast mental powers.
Counter-Strike is a tactical first-person shooter video game developed by Valve Corporation, originating from a Half-Life mod by Minh "Gooseman" Le and Jess "Cliffe" Cliffe. The game currently includes the following series: Condition Zero, Counter-Strike: Source, and Counter-Strike: Global Offensive. The most popular of the series is Counter-Strike: Global Offensive. In Counter-Strike each player joins either the Terrorist or Counter-Terrorist team and strives to complete objectives or eliminate the enemy team. The game has several rounds during which the players need to either achieve the objective or annihilate all the enemy’s combatants.
Best Esport tournaments
- The International is Valve's annual tournament for Dota 2. There the best Dota 2 players compete for a crowd-funded, multi-million dollar cash prize pool. Valve announced plans for the "Dota Major Championships" which encompasses The International and three Valve-sponsored events leading up to it.
- Riot's League of Legends Championship Series (or LCS) – there are two splits per year.
Twenty teams compete in two separate competitions in North America and Europe, with ten teams per continent. The top teams of the LCS splits qualify for the League of Legends World Championships near end of the year, where they compete for a multi-million dollar cash prize pool.
- The StarCraft II World Championship Series is Blizzard's own league for the game. It is separated into three distinct regions around the world. WCS points are awarded to each region, as well as WCS-partnered events. The top 16 players with the most points qualify for the Global Finals at Blizzcon, where they compete for a $250,000 cash prize pool.
- In Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Valve organizes a series of events referred to as 'majors'. These events are special in that they have large prize pools, which are crowd funded by the Counter-Strike: Global Offensive community via in-game keys bought to open in-game cases, and special in-game cosmetics and signatures of qualified players that can be applied to guns or used to predict the results of the tournament – are introduced into the game, and are purchasable from Valve during the duration of the tournament.
Esport on our Bookmakers
An experienced punter picks his eSports bookmakers carefully as they differ both in terms of security and odds attractiveness. BET-IBC works with bookmakers that provide a wide range of markets and attractive odds for Esports events:
- PS3838 - so far they have offered odds on Dota 2, Starcraft 2, League of Leggends, Heroes of Newerth, Counter-Strike, Worlds of Tanks etc. PS3838 usually offers the most attractive odds compared to the other bookmakers. They also have a wide range of markets: 1x2; hdp ; O/U ; parlay; moneyline per match/first period.
- Maxbet – up until now they’ve had odds on: Counter-Strike: Global Offence, Dota 2, Hearthstone, League of Legends. And the available markets are: FT. hdp , FT. O/U, FT. O/E (full time odd/even), moneyline, mixparlay.
- Sbobet– available types of bets: Money line home/away, hdp home/away.
Although Sobbet doesn’t have an impressive number of markets for Esports, the enticing odds compensate for it.
- Betfair– provided odds on: League of Legends, Dota 2, Counter-Strike: Global Offence, Smite, Heros of the Storm, Hearthstone. Markets available: 1 2
Esports have grown tremendously over the years and it is gradually gaining more and more interest all over the world. The countries that show most interest are China, Korea, Sweden, Canada, France, Germany, Russia and Ukraine. The eSport tournaments bring players from different parts of the world to actively compete against each other with the aim of finding the best players, so you can find a very social aspect to it also.
The games that are closely associated with esports are first person shooters, fighting games and real time strategy games. These games get in fact such massive support and viewership that they rival some of the biggest sports in America (for example) such as basketball and the World Series. Broadcasting networks are now realizing the potential of these gaming tournaments this year the eSports audience was around 134,258,120 in America and around 32,101,256 worldwide.
As the interest for Esports is growing, so is the number of bookmakers that include Esports in their sports offers, so is the quality of odds and the range of markets displayed for esports events. Challenge yourself, widen your betting experience and take a taste of a new betting trend – Esports.